The ACTS Conference Scholarships are available for staff and students of our institutional members undertaking sustainability related studies, employment or research. The aim of the Scholarship is to provide an opportunity each year for individuals to attend the annual ACTS Conference.
The scholarship provides the successful candidate/s with a full conference registration to the 19th International ACTS Conference on 13 – 15 November 2019 at The University of Otago. The scholarship includes a ticket to the highly anticipated annual Green Gown Awards Australasia gala dinner at Larnach Castle on 14 November 2019.
Following the event, the successful applicant will produce a short summary of their experience at the conference which will be highlighted within ACTS communications. This summary can cover questions including but not limited to:
- What did you gain from attending the ACTS Conference?
- What was the highlight of the ACTS Conference?
- How will the knowledge gained from your attendance benefit your studies?
- Applications for the 2019 round of scholarships are now open, with a submission deadline of 29 August 2019.
- A short written summary (500 – 800 words) of the applicant’s experience at the conference will be submitted to ACTS by the 30 November 2019.
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form below, answering two selection criteria questions.
- Scholarships will normally be granted to an individual only once ie. scholarship winners from previous years are not eligible.
- Applicants must be employed by and/or studying at a ACTS member institution.
- Student applicants must be enrolled in a sustainability-focused degree or demonstrate how they are proactively seeking experience and/or learning in sustainability (e.g involvement with an environmentally focused student group or volunteering with UNICEF).
- Staff applicants must have a minimum of 12 months experience within a sustainability-focused role or demonstrate how they are proactively embedding sustainability into learning and teaching and/or research activities.
- Scholarship applicants may be required to undertake an interview.
Applications close at 4pm on 29 August 2019.